Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hermana Cabrera

A few fun facts about companion number 6.

Cabra means Goat, so our ward mission leader calls her Hna. Goatera
Birthday is October 16
22 years old
Just hit the six month mark of her mission
Born in D.F.  but lives in Oaxaca
Her mom is an English teacher so she knows how to speak quite a bit.
When I say or do something that she thinks is a little outrageous she says, 'Sista please'
Converted to the gospel when she was 17
After she joined the church, she then converted her whole family
Loves to make memes
Laughs at everything
Thanks to me, her new favorite English phrase is, ´why I otta!´
Really easy to scare
When something doesn´t please her she says, 'Not Happy' in a cute little Mexican accent.
Her hair is super short and curly and she always pulls it back because otherwise she 'looks like a sheep' ... her words, not mine.
I´m teaching her the art of the 'your mom' jokes

She is hilarious in a geeky way, which means we get along great.  In her words, we are a 'forever alone' couple (in other words, we are both so awkward that we will never be able to get married after the mission and we´ll have to return and serve as companions again).  We are always laughing as we walk to and from lessons and have to calm ourselves down as we prepare to knock on the door.  I´m her first companion since her training and she often says that I´m her step mom... awwwww.  She´s also really klutzy.  Always falling down or tripping which is really bad because our area is all hills.  So we´ve developed the habit that every time we go down a crooked staircase or rocky dirt hill, I stick out my arm for her to hold on to and keep balance with.  I feel like a youth helping her grandma, but it´s team work.  Not to mention that every time we walk up a steep hill she has to grab on to my backpack to keep up with me.

I have really enjoyed my time with her.  This transfer has flown by.  We´ve had to struggle a bit in our area but we´ve also seen some great miracles together.  With her and Hna. Pacheco, I now have two tour guides for when I go visit Oaxaca.


1 comment:

  1. You sound like your are a perfect team...powerhouses in personality, in testimony, in determination (her whole family? Wow!) I bet that you are a wonderful senior companion and that you make each day joyous for those around you. Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete