Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Fuentes Significa Fountains

Now this is Mexico.  Dirt everywhere.  No green.  Crazy heat.  Ponytail all day e'rday and a dry throat begging for water in every hose/shack we stop by.  Not to mention the crazy winds from the ocean blowing our hair off our heads and our skirts up in a sister missionary version of Marilyn Monroe.  I have to walk with my hands pressed to my sides holding down my skirt.  It's quite a sight to behold and dare I use the hash-tag?  I think I shall. #sistermissionaryprobs

But the area is great and growing a lot.  Half of the area is commercialized and the other half is filled with apartments.  And the are all identical.  Our apartment is exactly the same as the bishop's, and the seminary teachers's, and the less active members, and our investigators.  It's a pain trying to remember who's door is whose.  But at least we always know where to find the bathroom.

And to start things off great in the ironically dry area of Fuentes, we had a baptism last Saturday.  Her name is Lucy, and as much as I would love to give you the whole background story of her conversion.... I was only here for a week so I don't know much.  But I can tell you that she has a lot of faith.  Her circumstances are low.  She doesnt have a job or family nearby.  Her house is falling apart, and she finds her food day by day.  But she is so willing and eager to learn more about the gospel.  She is able to view the tiny blessings that God gives us everyday and is so willing to give what little she has.  I cant wait to see her progress even more in the church.



Lucy's Baptism Day

Drat! no time to write more!!!!!  I'll explain more next week!  love you all! 
Here are some pictures of life in Tijuana.




1 comment:

  1. Is Fuentes a new area for you or just another part of Tijuana? It sounds like you are in for a long, hot summer, Mexican style. It is a special thrill to be part of a new member convert. Lucy sounds like a wonderful addition to the local ward. Keep smiling Pretty Hermana.

    ReplyDelete